New Nordic Films 2021: August 24 – 27.
New Nordic Films is an annual Nordic film market which includes the Nordic Co-Production and Finance Forum, arranged within the frames of the long-established Norwegian International Film Festival in Haugesund.
From its start in 1995, this event has expanded and been cultivated year by year. Today, New Nordic Films, with over 350 participants and 25 new films, works-in-progress and seminars, has become a key meeting place for everyone with a professional interest in Nordic films.
New Nordic Films offers:
- An international market place for Nordic feature films.
- An international and Nordic meeting place.
- Screenings of the most current Nordic features films.
- Exclusive work-in-progress presentations of upcoming Nordic films.
- Co-Production and Film Financing Market.
- Producers and directors presenting their latest projects, productions and works in progress.
- Screenings at the Edda Cinema Centre, in all of its five high-standard theatres, led by the magnificent 560-seat Edda 1, equipped for digital 2K screenings.
- Seminars of high relevance for the international film industry.
- Pleasant and intimate locations for private meetings.
- Dinner parties, a boat trip, happy hours and other social events.
The market is aimed towards international and Nordic distributors, TV buyers, festival programmers, sales agents, producers, directors and film organisations. The selection of films at New Nordic Films represent a variety of genres, and is based upon the artistic quality and international potential of the film. All the films are aiming for a wide-ranging market in the Nordic countries, as well as internationally.
See HERE for the New Nordic Films Catalogue 2021.
See HERE for previous editions of New Nordic Films (catalogues from 2010 to 2020).