New Nordic Films
New Nordic Films is an annual Nordic film market and includes Nordic Co-Production and Finance Forum arranged within the frames of the long-established Norwegian International Film Festival in Haugesund.
From its start in 1995 we have expanded and cultivated the event year by year, and New Nordic Films, with over three hundred participants and twenty five new films, works in progress and seminars in the program, is established as an important meeting place for everyone with a professional interest in Nordic films.
New Nordic Films offers:
- An international market place for Nordic feature films.
- An international and Nordic meeting place.
- Screenings of the best current Nordic features
- Exclusive work in progress presentations of upcoming Nordic films.
- Co-Production and Film Financing Forum.
- Producers and directors presenting their latest projects, productions and works in progress.
- Screenings at the Edda Cinema Centre, in all of its five high-standard theatres, led by the magnificent 560-seat Edda 1, equipped for digital 2K screenings.
- Seminars for of high relevance for the international film industry.
- Pleasant and intimate locations for private meetings.
- Dinner parties, a boat trip, happy hours and other social events.
The market is aimed towards international and Nordic distributors, TV buyers, festival programmers, sales agents, producers, directors and film organizations. The selection of films at New Nordic Films represents a variety of genres, and the selection is made based upon quality and international potential of the film. Every film aims to please a wide-ranging market, in the Nordic countries as well as internationally.
See HERE for previous editions of New Nordic Films (catalogues from 2010 to 2017).